Hello beautiful people – welcome back!
My time in Lake Louise is drawing quickly to an end – can you believe how fast this summer has gone! In less than two weeks I will be packing my bags and heading back to Ontario…. and I can honestly say it is very bitter sweet to think about. To say that I have enjoyed my time out here, would be an understatement. For those of you who have never been to visit the mountains, it is a lifestyle that is hard to put into words. Unlike Ontario, people here are in no rush. They are not thinking about the next destination or the next plan. Everybody is on mountain time and is just experiencing life at their own pace. Time truly stops here. This energy is addicting and has definitely made me reflect on where (and who) I want to invest my time and energy. I can honestly say that I have met some of the most down to earth people ever, and each one of them has helped shift my perspective on what I want to implement in my own life coming home.
This whole experience has shaped the way I see the world and myself. It has opened up my mind to a very different lifestyle – one I can definitely see myself getting behind in the future. As scary as it was leaving everything familiar behind to come out here, it has shaped my life in more ways than I could have ever imagined. It is easy to stick to things that are familiar to us, and as social beings we are inclined to trust what is comfortable and predictable. This summer has really destroyed that way of thinking. Being out here has forced me to put myself out there constantly. I have come to learn that everybody you meet will always have something to teach you and learning through each other’s lived experiences is the best way to grow. Everybody comes from such different walks of life and being open-minded to learning about them will only shape you in positive ways. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t going to miss this place, but I think it is important to acknowledge that although my time here is nearly over the impact of this experience is far from it. I have learned some key things this summer, and of course I have to share them with all of you:
- If your friends don’t want to get up for a sunrise hike, you need new friends.
- Never underestimate the power of a good road trip playlist.
- The power of experiencing things alone, is just as powerful as experiencing it with others.
- A good cup of coffee can make all the difference.
- Don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation with the people around you – we are all just a work in progress.
- The energy you put out, is the energy that you will attract
- The pictures won’t do the view justice, so you might as well take it all in.
- Nourishing your soul, is just as important as nourishing your body.
- Boundary setting for your time and energy is okay and you shouldn’t feel guilty about it.
- Always order a shaft (if you know, you know).
- Nothing will make you feel more badass than rock climbing.
- At the end of the day, you have nobody to please but yourself.
- Swimming in glacier water just hits different.
- If you are with the right people, the setting doesn’t matter.
- If they aren’t helping you grow, they are hindering it.
These barely scratch the surface, but they are a good place to start. This definitely won’t be my last time in the mountains and I am ready for any new adventure that is thrown my way. I would highly recommend this experience to anybody who is craving a little bit of perspective – it does wonders. My mindset is forever changed and I could not be more excited to see where it takes me going forward. Big Hugs!